BESQ RC Co-production Network
A project sponsored by the Knowledge Foundation (KK-Stiftelsen).
BESQ (Blekinge Engineering Software Qualities) research environment was launched in July 2002 as a profile project in Software Engineering and it will end this year 2008-12-31. The Knowledge Foundation (KK-Stiftelsen) was the main initial sponsor of the initiative together with matching funds from industrial partners. The objective was to create a strong research environment in Software Engineering.
As a result of this project Blekinge Engineering Software Qualities Research Centre (BESQ RC) was established 2007. At this time one more research group was included, compared to the BESQ project. Today four research groups are included in BESQ RC:
- SERL - Software Engineering Research Lab
- PAARTS - Parallel Architectures and Applications for Real-Time Systems
- U-ODD - Use-Oriented Design and Development
- DISL - Distributed and Intelligent Systems Laboratory
BESQ RC - Co-production Network
Researchers from BESQ RC participate in a number of collaboration projects together with industry, government authorities and academia. These projects have their own forums for discussions about collaboration and co-production. In this project we want to evolve BESQ RC even more and identify new opportunities to connect partners that today might not be in the same project but could be partners in new joint ventures.
In this Co-production Network we want to connect all our external partners. We also want to create an alumni network and keep an open dialogue with previous participants in the research groups that are part of BESQ RC.
The Co-production Network should work as a catalyst for new initiatives and projects. The following concrete goals are set for this network project:
- New projects with partners that have not participated in the same projects together with BTH before should be stated
- Research alumni activities should be initiated
- The number of industrial PhD students should increase