BTH is a partner in this project and the official web is at the following link
SEESGEN-ICT: a Thematic Network to encourage energy efficiency in Smartgrids
Energy efficiency, demand-side control and renewable energy sources (RES) are considered as some of the effective solutions to counteract the worldwide climate changes. The reorganization of the electric distribution network, which has been traditionally planned and operated as a passive system, is fundamental to implement the envisaged solutions. This renovation has already begun, and the distribution systems are currently moving towards smart distributed power generation grids, called SmartGrids. Nevertheless, the operation of smart grids is quite complex and requires novel ICT-based applications for real time process control/communication, adaptive protection, prognosis techniques and portfolio management.
The main objectives of SEESGEN-ICT consist in producing a harmonized set of priorities to accelerate the introduction of ICT into the Smart Distributed Power Generation Grids, investigating requirements, barriers and proposing solutions. SEESGEN-ICT will produce policy recommendations, identify best practices and draw scenarios and roadmaps for the next generation of electric distribution network. The following topics will be addressed in details:
- ICT for management of smartgrids with DER integration;
- ICT for energy efficiency monitoring in smartgrids;
- ICT for demand-side integration (demand-response & demand-side management);
- ICT for business models management;
- ICT-system operation and environment protection in the operation of smartgrids;
- Supporting best practices through experiences in test facilities.