Contacting me for potential supervision
If you are considering asking me to supervise you for your MSc thesis, please bear the following facts in mind.
- I expect you to be independent, and to take responsibility for your own thesis.
- I will not hold your hand through the thesis. This is your thesis, not mine.
- I expect you have your own ideas and research, and your own thoughts on how to pursue them.
- I do not supervise pure literature surveys.
- If you want to talk to me about supervising you, send an email where you describe your research interests, and a little about yourself. Don't just send blanket statements regarding wanting me as a supervisor.
What follows are a list of potential projects in fields that are of personal interest to me. It is more likely that I will accept you as an MSc student if you are interested in working in these fields.