COM Research Fair
Compatibility of the supervisor's and the students' interests are an important success factor for the research done in a MSc thesis. Finding the right students for MSc theses is often a somewhat fuzzy process that involves luck. Many students feel the same for finding the right supervisor. The COM Research Fair 2012 helps in the matchmaking.
Monday May 21, 2012, 10:00-12:00am in J1504 (Multisalen)
|09:00||The students set up their posters.|
|10:00||Welcome: Samuel A. Fricker and Bo Helgeson
Keynote: Tony Gorschek
|10:15||The main part of the research fair features student poster discussions started and interrupted by short presentations on MSc thesis opportunities by supervisors.|
|MSc Thesis Opportunities (3 minutes for each presentation):
- Veronica Sundstedt: Eye Tracking. Virtual Environments.
- Sara Eriksén: Eco-Smart Homes meet Ambient Assisted Living.
- Samireh Jalali: Agile Approaches in Global Software Engineering.
- Michael Unterkalmsteiner: Coordination Complexity and Software Project Success.
- Jürgen Börstler: Validating Measures of Software Readability.
- Samuel Fricker: Requirements Engineering State-of-Practice.
- other supervisors: Nina Fogelström, Niklas Lavesson
|Posters and Mingling between Students and potential Supervisors|
|11:30||Fishbowl Panel: MSc thesis success factors
Previous Research Fair
http://www.bth.se/com/sfr.nsf/pages/com-research-fair-ht2011 (includes photos)
We wish that the MSc theses interest and motivate students and enhance the researcher's work on their research pipeline.
The event is performed with the kind support of the research secretaries Claudia Fricker and Karin Svahnberg.