Facts about BTH
Blekinge Institute of Technology, BTH, is one the most distinctly profiled universities with applied IT and innovation for sustainable growth in focus.
Top Ranked within Sustainable Growth
- BTH is selected as the best university in Sweden within sustainable development
- 3rd best in Europe
Top Ranked in Systems and Software Engineering
- BTH is ranked as number 5 in the world among the top institutions in the field of systems and software engineering of the "Journal of Systems and Software".
Ranked as number 2 in Europe and number 1 in Sweden!
- Our professor Claes Wohlin is ranked for the fourth time among the 15 most published researchers in the world in this field.
- About 7,209 registered students
- 56 % of the students are studying engineering, 3 % humanities, 22 % social sciences and management, 9 % caring science, 7 % natural sciences and 3 % medicine
- 41 % of the students are female
- Over 28 bachelor´s level study programmes
- Over 20 master´s level study programmes
- 500 foreign students
- In 1999 BTH got the right to give doctoral degrees in engineering
- Research accounts for one-third of BTH´s activities
- 104 doctoral students are registered within engineering
- 15 doctoral students are registered at other academic institutions
- 42 professors
- 14 doctoral level study programmes in engineering
- 532 employees
- Turnover: SEK 457 million
The presentation is based on information available by the end of 2012.