Facts about BTH
Blekinge Institute of Technology, BTH, is one of Sweden´s most distinctly profiled universities, where applied IT and innovation for sustainable growth are the focus.
Top Ranked within Sustainable Growth
- BTH is selected as the best university in Sweden within sustainable development
- 3rd best in Europe
Top Ranked in Systems and Software Engineering
- BTH is ranked sixth in the world and number one in the EU in systems and software engineering according to the "Journal of Systems and Software".
- Professor Claes Wohlin has been on top-15 list over the most published researchers in the world in the field four times in the last six rankings occasions.
- About 5,100 registered students
- 63 % of the students are studying engineering, 9 % management, 15 % caring science, 9 % natural sciences and 4 % medicine
- 37 % of the students are female
- Over 20 bachelor´s level study programmes
- Over 18 master´s level study programmes
- 440 foreign students
- In 1999 BTH got the right to give doctoral degrees in engineering
- Research accounts for one-third of BTH´s activities
- 125 doctoral students are registered within engineering
- 15 doctoral students are registered at other higher education institutions
- 42 professors
- 15 doctoral level study programmes in engineering
- 508 employees
- Turnover: SEK 456 million
The presentation is based on information available by the end of 2013.