02/16/2012 11:58 AM
Honorary Doctor appointed Chairman
Professor K.C. Reddy, (Former Chairman of Andhra Pradesh State Council of Higher Education, & Honorary Doctorate of Blekinge Institute of Technology, Sweden) has been appointed as Chairman of Rajiv Education & Employment Mission of Andhra Pradesh (REEMAP) and Vice-Chairman, Rajiv Education & Employment Council of Andhra Pradesh (REECAP) with status of Cabinet Minister of Government of Andhra Pradesh, India.
Government of Andhra Pradesh, constituted the 'Rajiv Education & Employment Council of Andhra Pradesh (REECAP)' under the Chairmanship of the Hon'ble Chief Minister to give policy direction to the Mission, where Professor K.C.Reddy was appointed as Vice-Chairman, Rajiv Education & Employment Council of Andhra Pradesh (REECAP) and Chairman of Rajiv Education & Employment Mission of Andhra Pradesh (REEMAP) to implement the Rajiv Yuva Kiranalu Programme under the direction of (REECAP):
The Rajiv Education & Employment Council of Andhra Pradesh consists of the following members:
1. Chief Minister (Chairman)
2. Chairman of REEMAP (Vice-Chairman)
3. Deputy Chief Minister, Chief Secretary of Andhra Pradesh.
4. Cabinet Ministers (LE&T, Rural Development (IKP),Municipal Administration, Youth Services, Medical & Health, Higher & Technical Education, Information Technology, Tourism and Industries).
5. Secretaries to Government ((LE&T, Rural Development (IKP), Municipal Administration, Youth Services, Medical & Health, Higher & Technical Education, Information Technology, Tourism and Industries).
6. Representatives/academic experts/industry experts among them representing the retail, construction, hospitality, textiles, Security, Information Technology & Information Technology Enabled Service), Pharmaceutical, Health Care, Tourism, Biotech, Food Processing and Banking/Insurance sectors and Confederation of Indian Industries (CII) and Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FICCI.)
The main objectives of REECAP & REEMAP:
i. To realize the potential of placing at least 15 lakh youth in productive employment by 2014.
ii. To co-ordinate public / private sector initiatives in the framework of collaborative action; and to prepare sectoral Joint Action Plans (JAPs) with the private sector covering all high employment potential sectors.
iii. To re-orient the curriculum in the higher / technical /professional education in tune with the industry requirements and achieve campus placements of all students.
iv. To supervise the work of the 5 sub-missions constituted for the purpose by setting targets, finalizing strategy, and monitoring the implementation; and to finalize the budgetary allocations for each Sub-Mission and to monitor the utilization of the same.
v. To set uniform quality standards, establish processes, broad base the best practices, create and maintain a common computer database of the youth, to monitor the skill up gradation programs, and ensure placements after training.
vi. To finalize a single-window structure at the District and sub-district levels for the above purposes by integrating and restructuring the existing departmental structures already in place.
vii. To coordinate with the National Skill Development Corporation, and other Ministries funding skill development initiatives and to prepare project proposals for getting maximum support from them.
Marketing Department October 5, 2011