In Europe, BTH has collaboration and exchange agreements with more than 70 centres of learning, and these exchanges are within Erasmus, Double Diploma and Erasmus Mundus.
If your university is participating in the Erasmus exchange programme, you can study at BTH for 3-12 months as an Erasmus exchange student. In order to take part in this programme, you have to contact the International office at your home university. Your university is also responsible for the nomination of the students and the selection process. Around 100 exchange students come to BTH every year.
Please address all questions regarding student exchange within the Erasmus programme to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to apply
In order to apply for Erasmus exchange studies at BTH for 3-12 months you have to contact the International Office of your home university. Here is the list of courses available for exchange students:
You apply electronically through your International Coordinator at your home institution.
In your application you have to include the following documents:
- a CV with a photo
- a short letter of purpose
- a copy of your transcripts
- your ECTS learning agreement (word documents, 54 KB), that includes a list of the courses you are planning to study at BTH.
All your application documents should be in English and preferably sent as a PDF-document to email@example.com
The application deadline for the autumn semester is May 15 th, and the application deadline for the spring semester is November 15 th.
When we have received your documents, you will get a confirmation email. You are also able to check the status of your application at the following link requiring your BTH application number (e.g.BTHX20090327-1708350).
With a few European institutions, BTH has Double Diploma agreements, i.e. collaboration agreements within which students who participate in exchanges and who follow the course plan set out in the agreement will have the possibility of receiving a Degree from BTH as well as from their home institution. The exchange period within Double Diploma agreements, is generally more than two semesters and these students are generally registered at a study program at BTH.
Presently, BTH has Double Diploma agreements with the following European institutions:
- Wroclaw University of Technology (Poland)
- Gdansk University of Technology (Poland)
- University of Latvia (Latvia)
- Universität Potsdam (Germany)
- Technical University of Sofia (Bulgaria)
In addition to the Double Diploma agreements with the institutions above, BTH has agreements within the Erasmus program. Thus, it is possible for some students to study as a Double Diploma student at BTH with funding from the Erasmus program. The application process for Double Diploma studies at BTH is identical with the process for applying to studies within the Erasmus program, with one important exception:
Students applying for Double Diploma studies should ALWAYS apply as such, even if the student will receive an Erasmus grant for the exchange period or for parts of the exchange period.
The Erasmus Mundus Joint Master programmes (Action 1) offer students from all over the world the opportunity to study a two year Master programme in two different European countries and receive a scholarship from the European Commission. BTH offers two Erasmus Mundus programmes at the moment:
1) The European Master on Software Engineering (EMSE). This programme is coordinated by Universidad Politécnica de Madrid in Spain and is given in collaboration with BTH, University of Kaiserslautern in Germany and Free University of Bozen-Bolzano in Italy.
Find more information about the programme at BTH on the EMSE programme website.
Application forms and information about the programme in general can be found on the following website .
2) The Joint Master Programme in European Spatial Planning, Environmental Policy and Regional Development ("PLANET Europe). This programme is coordinated by Radboud University Nijmegen in the Netherlands and is given in collaboration with BTH and Cardiff University (UK).
Find more information about the programme at BTH on the PLANET Europe programme website .
Application information and further details about the programme can be found on the following website