Chapter 2: Introduction To Logical Data Modelling
Criteria For an optimal Logical Data Model
- Structural Validity - Consistency with the way the business defines and organises information
- Simplicity - Ease of understanding even by unskilled people
- Non-redundancy - Inclusion of no extraneous information, one piece of information should be represented only once
- Share-ability - Not specific to any particular application or technology, thereby usable by many
- Extensibility - Ability to evolve to support new requirements with minimal effect on existing base
- Integrity - Consistency with the way the business uses and manages information values.