Five Subsystems in Viable Systems
Any viable system consists of five subsystems:
- System One: Being controlled, production units.
- system Two: comprise information systems to co-ordinates the parts of system one in a harmonious manner, audit system one and report to system three.
- System Three: its functional component is marketing, accounting, and personnel etc. which tell the ”here and now” situation of the system.
- System Four: it serves ’change and future’ for the system, it handles outside or external contact, development, planning, and design.
- System Five: it monitors and balances the operations of the system three and four. Examples such as policies for investment, governors of a university, or directors of multinational enterprises.