The Organisational Aspects
The Nature of Organisations:
- People, technology, work, culture.
The impact of Information Technology on Organisation:
- Two lists of advantages and dis-advantages of computerisation.
Methods for Organisational Analysis
- Scientific management (Taylor, 1911): Division of labour, training unskilled workers, monitoring working load.
- Sociotechnical Systems Approach
- Activity Theory
- Ethnomethodology: (details of work with technology, social practices, participation, evaluation of use technology)
CSCW and Organisational Consideration
Source: Preece J. (1994) Human Computer Interaction, Addison-wesley, New York.