David Blouin; Rikard Gunnarsson; Mikel Lecuona; Daniel Nilsson; Ola Svensson BTH-IMA-EX--20001/C-04-SE, pp. 156. Inst. för maskinteknik/Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, 2001.
This work is done at Blekinge Institute of Technology in corporation with Sea Terrier AB and is a compulsory part in the education to Bachelor of Science in product development.
The task was to find a solution on how to get disabled person aboard and of a boat. The main material to use in the construction is aluminium, the speciality of Sea Terrier AB.
To get a good solution of the problem the group has used some part of the method developed by the Swedish professor Fredy Olsson. The steps are as follow:
· Principle design, including product investigation, criterions of the product and designing a principal construction.
· Primary Design, including calculation to optimise the product, components, details and assembling.
The work resulted in a construction called "Handicap lift for using in boats" that fit the criterions very well. In big terms it works like this:
· Lifts a ramp up to the height of the fore deck with a winch.
· The man sitting on the ramp pulls himself forward to the front with help from wheels placed under the platform. .
· There is a telescopic ramp tilting out over the bridge.
Rikard Gunnarsson, 0455-14729, 044-72035
Daniel Nilsson, 0454-61354
Ola Svensson, 0455-360040