Product Development Research lab encompass facilities for experimental testing, virtual reality, prototyping and machining together with computer aided engineering environments.
- For experimental setups a climate controlled lab exists together with equipment for measuring. Especially speicialized equipment for NDT (non destructive testing) and acoustic measures related to our research exists.
Computer Aided Engineering
- Computer Aided Engineering, or Virtual Engineering, tools are essential to speed up development, reduce expensive experimental testing, and gain confidence in developed solutions. In our computer labs we have CAE tools for design, engineering and analysis for use by our students and researchers.
Prototyping and Machining
- Swedish Waterjet Lab is a unique effort, focusing on the development in waterjet cutting. High technology, research and education are gathered under the same roof. http://www.waterjet-lab.se
- The mechanical engineering machine shop contains tools, lighter machines, NC controlled milling machine and everything needed to produce artifacts.
- Karlskrona Makerspace is a lab with prototyping facilities (3D printing, paper, wood, metals, plastic etc.), electronics (arduino), and automation/robotics (robot arms, LEGO mindstorm) etc.