Course Learning Objectives
By the end of the course, you will be able to take an active or leadership role in applying strategic sustainable development in their own organizations. More specifically, you will be able to:
1. Have an understanding of sustainability based on sound science and systems thinking.
2. Understand, communicate and apply the major components of planning in complex systems using the Framework for Strategic Sustainable Development.
3. Identify the business case for sustainability, specifically for the ICT industry.
4. Outline the ICT industry's key sustainability challenges and opportunities.
5. Make effective use of various sustainability tools and concepts using the Framework for Strategic Sustainable Development.
6. Facilitate a process to apply the Framework for Strategic Sustainable Development in your own organization.
7. Draw on leadership and organizational change strategies for overcoming barriers to sustainability integration in your organization.
8. Incorporate the knowledge gained in the course into a sound, practical business case to take home to your organization.