How to mount a Windows share with Mac OS X
To mount a Windows share on your Mac - do the following:
- Click on your desktop so that 'Finder' is the active application.
- From the Finder menu go to 'Go > Connect to Server'.
- In the 'Server Address' field enter 'smb://filestorage1.bth.se/share', replacing the 'share' with the name of the Windows share you want to connect to. I.E smb://filestorage1.bth.se/ing
- When asked to authenticate enter AD in workgroup or Domain. For 'Username' and 'Password' enter the AD username and password.
- Click ok and your shared folder should be mounted as a network drive on your desktop.