How to apply


Please note that participation in this course DOES NOT make you eligible for a Swedish residence permit.


Step 1: Complete the online application. Application are now CLOSED

Step 2: You will receive an email confirmation with your application number.

Step 3: Send all supporting documents to International Office before the deadline. The application number has to be written on all documents (e.g. BDA20080615-XXXXXX).

Please send your documents to:

Att: Lena Magnusson

International Office

Blekinge Institute of Technology

SE-371 79 Karlskrona



Your application will be regarded as complete only if you enclose ALL required documents before the deadline. If your application is incomplete or arrives after the deadline, it will be rejected. Plain photocopies or scanned copies of any documents are not accepted except for IELTS tests and transcripts from BTH partner universities only.


Necessary documents are:

  • Transcripts of records showing all semesters, grades etc., with at least 120 ECTS equivalent credit points complete
  • Documentation of your English proficiency (if your mother tongue is not english) with a TOEFL or IELTS test.

Step 4: You will receive a confirmation e-mail. If you are accepted for the course, you must also click ‘Accept’ online to confirm, as directed.



Supporting Documents


In your application you must enclose the following documents:


Document 1: Transcripts

Transcripts of records showing all semesters, grades etc. If your documents are issued in another language than Swedish, Norwegian, Danish or English, you have to send one copy in the original language and one copy translated into English by an authorized translator.



Your transcripts must be originals sent by your university or photocopies certified by Notary Public or a representative of Ministry of Education. The certification must be easily deduced to a well-known authority in your home country. Stamps such as "confidential" or "certified copy" will not be accepted.

If your degree was awarded in Cameroon, Canada, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Ghana, Nigeria, Sudan or USA, an official transcript of record must be sent directly from your university to the International Office at BTH, in a sealed envelope.

If your degree was awarded in Pakistan, your degrees and transcripts have to be issued by the university or attested by Higher Education Commission Pakistan (HEC) or Inter Board of Committee of Chairman (IBCC).


Document 2: Proof of English Proficiency

If your mother tongue is any other than English, you must provide a documentation of your English proficiency preferably with a valid IELTS or TOEFL test. The minimum required scores are IELTS 5.0 or TOEFL 550. BTH only accepts TOEFL tests sent directly from ETS.

In the event that English is not your mother tongue and you have previously studied in English at a University level, please contact Lena Mangnusson lena.magnusson (at) bth (dot) se to discuss your application. We can often make exceptions if you have studies in English for more than 6 months.


Share Share