StratLeade Scholarship Applications Now Open for the 2012-2013 MSLS Class
StratLeade Sustainability Education, Inc. ("StratLeade") is now welcoming scholarship applications for the academic year 2012-2013 to outstanding scholars seeking financial assistance. The application period will be open from March 15 to April 5, 2012. StratLeade will be providing two (2) scholarships of $12,500 (USD) each to augment living, travel, and academic supplies associated with participation in the Master's Strategic Leadership towards Sustainability (MSLS) programme.
Applicants will be considered if they are accepted to the autumn intake for the academic year 2012-2013. However, applicants that have still not received their notice of acceptation may apply. StratLeade scholarships are directed toward scholars from countries listed as "Low", "Medium" or "High" on the United Nations Human Development Index.
Applicants are required to compose an essay of 1,000 words or less detailing why they should be considered an exceptional candidate. Applicants are requested to answer all five (5) of the following questions:
- What attributes/goals/skills/attitudes/etc. make you the ideal recipient of a scholarship?
- Describe your financial need for this scholarship, especially if your participation in the MSLS programme is dependent on receiving the scholarship. If you have overcome financial need to achieve a goal in the past, please describe your experience here.
- How would you go about raising money for this scholarship programme in the future?
- How would you support the Master's programme and promote strategic sustainable development in the future?
- What is the one thing you would want us to remember about you?
Note: Applicants are required to forfeit their StratLeade scholarship should they be granted a scholarship through the Swedish Institute (SI).
The winners of the StratLeade scholarships will be notified of their status in mid April 2012. After acceptance of the awards, this will be announced through the MSLS and StratLeade websites. StratLeade is interested in applicants with a unique story and encourages these individuals to take care to express their position in an exceptional manner.
Applicants are strongly encouraged to verify they have satisfied all requirements and expectations of the announcement. StratLeade is looking forward to 2012-2013 class with a rich mix of backgrounds and nationalities and welcomes those scholars that see this benefiting their work toward sustainability.
How to apply:
1. Verify country eligibility through the United Nations Human Development Index (scroll to bottom of page). http://hdr.undp.org/en/statistics/
2. Carefully review the requirements, answer all five (5) questions for the scholarship application essay, and include all required documents. Be certain to include one (1) copy each of:
- Scan of passport page to indicate country of origin
- MSLS application number, and if received, the offer of admission
- MSLS application essay
- Curriculum Vitae (Resumé)
- 1,000 word or less essay in application to the StratLeade scholarship
3. Email all required documents, ideally in one PDF document labeled with your first and last name to stratleade (at) gmail (dot) com before end of day April 5, 2012.
Good Luck to all applicants!
The StratLeade Scholarship Committee