2010 Ph.D. in Computer Science, Blekinge Institute of Technology
2007 Lic.Sc. in Computer Science, Blekinge Institute of Technology
2005 M.Sc. in Scoftware Engineering, Blekinge Institute of Technology
1994 Intensive care nurse, Blekinge Health School
2010 - Post doc, Blekinge Institute of Technology
2004 2010 Ph D student, Blekinge Institute of Technology
2009 - 2011 Project Manager, Blekinge County Council
1994 2004 Intensive Care Nurse, Blekinge Hospital, Skåne University Hospital (Malmö and Lund), Lofoten Hospital, Lillehammer Hospital.
2011 - Programme Manager for Health Technology (180 ECTS) at Blekinge Institute of Technology
2010 - Responsible for constructing a new Bachelors program in Applied health technology (180 ECTS)
2010 - Board member of the Swedish Operations Research Associations, SORA
2007 - 2008 Board member of the Doctoral Students council at Blekinge Institute of Technology
Åke Fagelberg Senior Consultant, Blekinge County Council
Phone number: +46 734471977
Reference type: Work related
Niklas Lavesson Associate professor (Docent), Blekinge Institute of Technology Phone number: +46 455 385876
Reference type: Work related/personal
Grants and Projecte
Funding obtained as main-applicant
- Orthopaedic surgery and outpatient clinice logistics, 2009, Blekinge County Council, 250 000 SEK
(with Jan Persson)
- Modeling of Surgery Indicators by Mining Hospital Data,
2009, Blekinge County Council, 100 000 SEK
(with Niklas Lavesson and Marteinn Magnusson)
- Improved Planning of Surgery through Identification of Surgery Indicators,
2011-2012, Blekinge County Council, 385 000 SEK
(with Niklas Lavesson and Marteinn Magnusson)
Additional project participation (already funded)
- PrimCare IT
2012 2014, EU, 25 MSEK, BTH, 2.8 MSEK
BTH: Prof. Tobias C. Larsson
- Persson M., Self-allocating Key-resource Agents in Healthcare Management, Orbit 2013, DORS, Denmark and SOAF, Sweden
- Fricker A.S, Persson M and Larsson M., Tailoring a Reference Model to a New Domain: Strategic Requirements Engineering in a Healthcare Organization, EuroSPI 2013, June 25-26, 2013, Dundalk, Ireland
- Larsson M, Helgesson B, Anderberg P and Persson M., Making "Santa Clause Whishes Traceable" - Radiology Nurses as Mediators in Healthcare Innovation, 10th European Academy of Design Conference - Crafting the Future, April 17-19, 2013, Gothenburg, Sweden
- Persson M and Persson, J.A., Simulating Waiting List Management using Estimates of Future Surgery Demand. Submitted for publication to journal.
- Persson M, Lavesson, N., Magnusson, M., Berglund, J., Automatic Identification of Surgery Indicators, Accepted for publication in Book; Database Technology for Life Science and Medicine, World Scientific 2010.
- Persson M, Lavesson, N., Identification of Surgery Indicators by Mining Hospital Data A Preliminary Study, 20th International Workshop on Database and Expert Systems Applications, August 31 September 4 2009, Linz, Austria
- Persson, M and Persson, J.A. Analysing Management Policies for Operating Room Planning. 5th International Conference On Quantitative Modelling in the Management of Heatlh Care, 2 - 4 April 2007, London, U.K. Published in the journal Health Care Management Science.
- Persson, M and Persson, J.A. Health economical modelling to support surgery management at a Swedish hospital. International Conference On Health and Social Care Modelling and Applications, HSCM2006 19 - 21 April 2006, Adelaide, South Australia. Published in the Omega Journal.
- Paul Davidsson, Johan Holmgren, Hans Kyhlbäck, Dawit Mengistu, Marie Persson. Applications of Agent Based Simulation. Seventh International Workshop on Multi-Agent-Based Simulation MABS06, 8 9 May 2006 Hakodate, Japan. Published in Conference Post-Proceedings.
- Persson, M and Persson, J.A. Optimisation Modelling of hospital operating room planning: analyzing strategies and problem settings. EURO Working Group on OR Applied to Health Services 31 Annual Meeting, 31 July 5 August 2005 Southampton UK. Published in Conference Proceedings 2006.
- Persson, M and Persson, J.A. Optimization Modelling of Hospital operating room planning using a logistics perspective. Sixteenth Annual Conference of POMS, Chicago, IL, April 29-May 2, 2005.
- Pezhman Kasraee Scheduling Elective Inpatient Waiting List Time in Surgery Department with Agent Technology and Game Theory, ongoing.
- Ayne Assange and Tewelle Welemariam Concept drift in surgery predicion Master thesis in Computer Science, 2012
- Zahoor Ali and Muhammad Qummer ul Arfeen On the prediction of surgery duration, Master thesis in Computer Science, 2011
- Jannice Barkerud and Ylka Durmishi Upplevelsen av att leva med multipel scleros, Bachelor thesis in nursing 2011
- Georgette Hajjar Livskamraters upplevelse och påverkan efter hjärtinfarkt, bachelor thesis in nursing 2011
- Higher Education Pedagogy Introductory Course, ADV, 7.5 ECTS
- Higher Education Pedagogic Project Course, ADV, 7.5 ECTS
- Agent systems * CS, ADV, 7.5 ECTS
- Adaptive and Learning Systems, CS, ADV, CS, 7.5 ECTS
- Master Thesis in Computer Science, CS, ADV, 30 ECTS
- Database Techniques, CS, BAS, 7.5 ECTS
- Java, CS, BAS 7.5 ECTS
- Research Methodology CS, ADV, 7.5 ECTS
- Introduction to Artificial Intelligence, * CS, BAS, 7.5 ECTS
- IT i vården I, II, CS, BAS 7.5 ECTS
- Bachelor Thesis in Nursing, HC, ADV, ECTS 30
- Hälsa, informations- och kommunikationsteknologi, PH, BAS, 7.5 ECTS
BAS = Basic level
ADV = Advanced level
CS = Computer Science
HC = Health Care
PH = Public Health
* = Course manager