MSC in Design, interaction and game technologies
In addition to the nationally regulated targets, the following objectives are true for the education. After completion of the training, the student will have gained or being able to:
- Apply adequate scientific methodology for Design Research, and Interaction Design in Computer Science
- Be able to independently identify, develop and test a new idea for interaction and evaluate the results against the intended users. This by using rapid prototyping techniques, technologies and interaction design evaluation methods in both lab and "real world".
- Apply appropriate design models based on the nature of the present production.
- Understand how design rules and principles can be justified by practical experiences and theories from the design field.
- Model user-interactions and systems based on various objectives, situations, contexts, business perspectives, organizations and / or "communities".
- High-level insight of how social meta-structures and their relation to commercial systems interact.
- Understand how user-generated content may dissolve the boundaries between products and services in which intentions, desires and the context also informs the design based on its own purposes.
- Based on the axiom "mundane language" understand the challenges when different stakeholders interpret, interact and communicate each other's design ideas and results.
- Understand interactive synthetic characters based on new emerging technologies and interaction opportunities.
- Demonstrate design concepts based on building with different technologies and media such as interactive, visual, or gesture-based interfaces.
- Implement interface parts of game and simulation-based systems.
- Understand how to deal with wicked design problems.