MSC in Electrical Engineering with emphasis on Telecommunication systems
120 ECTS (2 years) Degree of Master of Science in Electrical Engineering, with emphasis on Telecommunication systems
Programme Start: September 3, 2012
Programme End: June 8, 2014
Roll call meetings:
Rate of Studies: Full time
Type of Programme: Master's level
Language of Instruction: English
Campus: Karlskrona, Sweden
The objective of the programme is to prepare for qualified development work in industry as well as provide a basis for research studies. The students meet and work with researchers in the field of telecommunication systems and will get a thorough understanding in this area.
After finishing the studies the student will be able to apply the knowledge in a range of situations for an analysis of problems as well as creation of solutions. The student will be able to select, design and apply a range of complimentary and cohesive tools and concepts in the area.
During the programme studies the student will acquire an understanding of basic definitions and concepts, construction principles and construction methods and the practical application of these within the area of telecommunication systems and computer networking. The student will also obtain knowledge of important protocols, methods of system evaluation, current trends and problems in the context of mobile and broadband communications including security.
The studies will be carried out on campus to make it possible for the students to work close to researchers and industrial partners. The education will include both theory and practical applications and the student will work both independently as well as integrated in teams. The programme will be finished by a master thesis work (30 credit points) which normally will be done in cooperation with the industry and/or research projects.
In order to get the masters degree a student has to complete 90 credit points (1.5 years) courses plus a 30 credit points (0.5 year) master thesis work, totally 2 years. One credit point (högskolepoäng) in the Swedish system corresponds to one credit point in the European Credit Transfer System (ECTS).
The programme is based on that the student has a bachelor of science in the area of either electrical engineering or computer engineering.
- TCP/IP Internetworking, 7.5 credit points
- Random Processes, 7.5 credit points
- Computer Networking Software Tools, 7.5 credit points
- Complex Analysis and Transforms, 7.5 credit points
- Network Management, 7.5 credit points
- Applied Network Management, 7.5 credit points
- Software Development for Telecommunication Systems, 7.5 credit points
- Simulation, 7.5 credit points
- Wireless Networks, 7.5 credit points
- Research Methodology, 7.5 credit points
- Advanced topic in Telecommunication Systems, 7.5 credit points
- Mobile Services, 7.5 credit points
- Capacity Analysis, 7.5 credit points
- Network Security, 7.5 credit points
- Green Networking, 7.5 credit points
- Master's Thesis in Electrical Engineering with emphasis on Telecommunication Systems, 30 credit points