Quality of Experience for Multimedia Content Sharing at EuroITV2010
Place: Tampere, Finland
Time: 9th June 2010
Please see below for a number of links.
- 1st March 2010: Workshop paper submission
- 19th March 2010: Notification of acceptance
- 5th April 2010: Camera-ready submission
- 9th June 2010: Workshop at EuroITV 2010
In recent years, it has been realized that the success of multimedia services or applications not only depends on Quality of Service (QoS) parameters but also relies on the analysis of the entire user experience (UX).
The relevance of this paradigm ranges from IPTV or video-on-demand systems for distributing and sharing professional TV to user-generated content over the web. To obtain a pleasurable user experience far more aspects than QoS have to be taken into account. Major challenges in this context include the identification of relevant UX factors and the quantification of their influence on Quality of Experience (QoE). In particular, context awareness and assessment of users' expectations play an essential role. This is further justified by the emergence of new multimedia enhancement techniques, notably 3DTV and Free Viewpoint.
Future Internet architectures under current research are also promising on the possibility to accommodate protocols and policies that take QoE issues into consideration. Consequently, acquired knowledge on the context and on identified parameters affecting users' experience could be used to improve media delivery.
The objective of this workshop consists in collecting and developing knowledge on the following three main topics defining the session structure of the workshop:
- Context awareness for multimedia applications (video on demand on the web, content sharing, user-generated & professional content, IPTV, social aspects, sensors, energy efficiency)
- Content and context aware quality measurements (user-generated & professional content, live & on demand)
- Content and context aware interplay between media service/applications and network strategies. Namely, QoE support in the future internet architectures.
The central research question consists in determining key elements (including content and context information) for QoE assessment and evaluation of "web.sharing.tv.content" and to use this information to shape the future internet.
- Context awareness
- QoE for content sharing over the web and for IPTV
- Subj./Obj. quality evaluation in the context of use, context-aware solutions (situation specicity, interactivity, user-generated & professional content)
- Media Transmission over the Future Internet
- 3D Multimedia and Free ViewPoint
- Interactive multimedia QoE support
Workshop papers should not exceed a maximum length of three pages and follow the ACM Style Guidelines.
Link to ACM Style Guidelines (opens in new window).
Please send your workshop paper via e-mail to Shelley Buchinger, University of Vienna.
- Shelley Buchinger, University of Vienna (AUT)
- Rui Jorge Lopes, Instituto de Telecomunicações and ISCTE-IUL (POR)
- Satu Jumisko-Pyykkö, Tampere University of Technology (FIN)
- Hans-Jürgen Zepernick, Blekinge Institute of Technology (SWE)
Technical Program Committee
- Sergio Becker, Orange Labs, (FR)
- Manora Caldera, Curtin University of Technology (AUS)
- Touradj Ebrahimi, Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (CH)
- Markus Fiedler, Blekinge Institute of Technology (SWE)
- Helmut Hlavacs, University of Vienna (AUT)
- Maulana Kusuma, Gunadarma University (ID)
- Hendrik Knoche, Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (CH)
- Patrick Le Callet, Université de Nantes (FR)
- Andreas Mauthe, Lancaster University (UK)
- Maria Paula Queluz, Instituto de Telecomunicações and IST (POR)
- Bijan Rohani, Phybit, (SG)
- Burkhard Stiller, Universität Zürich (CH)
For further information, please send an e-mail to Hans-Jürgen Zepernick.