About this opportunity
Mobile networks are used all over the world and is the corner stone for the networked society, where everything shall be connected. Microwave and MINI-LINK are vital products into this communication network. They combine RAN network with the backhaul network, and can be seen in mobile masts, up on the roof tops, or on housing walls.
Our unit is responsible for supply product quality and supply test development of Ericsson´s MINI-LINK product portfolio.
Do you want to take the opportunity to shape the Microwave future of technology with us?
What you will do
This thesis strives to investigate, experiment with, and suggest how to use containers to run production test. The idea is to split a test station software environment into a common part, shared with all types of test station (“immutable infrastructure) and run those parts that are unique per station inside a container solution. This would give two benefits;
- simple to install a new test station computer (this can even be automated), and
- same runtime environment in production as on developer machines.
Example of the thesis outcome are, but not limited to:
- Understand available container solutions.
- Understand how to run production test in a container setup.
- Coordinate with other stakeholders within the test area at Ericsson.
- Suggest a container solution for production test.
- Suggest a development environment to work with container-based production test
A major part of the work can be managed remotely using teams as a collaborative tool, with some periods needing more face to face and direct interaction at Ericssons facilities in Borås.
The thesis will be concluded with a presentation of the results for the Ericsson R&D and Supply team.
You will bring
This project aims at M.Sc students in Computer Science. Knowledge about GIT/GITLab and programming experience is a must. Knowledge about containers and different containerized solutions and runtimes is advantageous.