About the authority
About the authority
As a public authority, Blekinge Institute of Technology (BTH) has three main tasks: providing education, conducting research and collaborating with society at large.
The university must also work actively to ensure that the results of its research benefit society.
The Board of Governors is the university’s highest decision-making body. The vice-chancellor is the head of the university and has the overall responsibility for its day-to-day management.
As an independent authority, BTH is governed by the relevant laws and ordinances, annual appropriation directions and internal guidelines established by the vice-chancellor and Board of Governors.
The appropriation directions determine the tasks of a public authority and the funds it is allocated.
The internal governing documents approved by the Board of Governors and the vice-chancellor describe how the university is organised, how decisions are taken and how BTH is to operate in line with its tasks.
Appropriation directions for the financial year 2022 for Blekinge Institute of Technology (in Swedish)
Appropriation directions for the financial year 2021 for Blekinge Institute of Technology (in Swedish)
Appropriation directions for the financial year 2020 for Blekinge Institute of Technology (in Swedish)
Appropriation directions for the financial year 2020 for higher education institutions (in Swedish)
Fact and figures
• Approximately 6,000 registered students, equating to 2,768 full-time equivalents
• 22 first-cycle (Bachelor’s) courses and programmes
• 13 second-cycle (Master’s) courses and programmes
• 39 per cent of students are women
• Approximately 600 international students
• Two-thirds of BTH’s activities comprise first and second-cycle courses and programmes
• 43 professors
• Approximately 100 PhD students
• 9 research areas
• Third-cycle (doctoral) courses and programmes in 9 subjects
• Almost one-third of BTH’s activities comprise research and third-cycle courses
Figures are taken from the 2022 BTH annual report.
Staff and turnover
- Approximately 520 employees
- Turnover of SEK 536 million
Annual Report 2022
Annual Report 2021
Annual Report 2020
Annual Report 2019
Annual Report 2018
Annual Report 2017
Annual Report 2016
Annual Report 2015
The annual reports are only available in Swedish.