MT1430 Bachelor´s Thesis
Single subject course, 15 Higher education credits, First cycle, spring semester 2021
Apply via universityadmissions.se
Bachelor´s thesis is the final part of education in which the student must show that he/she can apply the knowledge built up over the previous studies. Bachelor´s thesis is done individually or in groups, preferably in cooperation with a company or organization.
- Type of instruction: Distance, mixed-time, full-time
- Application code: BTH-G5815
- Period : 2021-March-29 until 2021-June-06
- Education level: G2E
- Application: Apply via universityadmissions.se
- Language of instruction: The language of instruction is English.
- Location: Some or all of education and examination is held at distance.
- No. of occasions: Mandatory: none, Voluntary: none
- Main field of study: Mechanical Engineering
- Course syllabus: Download
- Welcome letter: Download
- Entry requirements: In order to begin the Bachelor thesis, the student must have completed a minimum of 127.5 credit points including 45 credit points in the main field Mechanical Engineering.
Individually or in groups, towards companies or other institution performing a realistic assignment and report the results in writing and orally.
Knowledge and understanding
- show knowledge and understanding in their main field of study, including knowledge of the scientific basis, knowledge of applicable methods in the field, specialization in any part of the field and orientation of current research issues.
Competence and skills
- show ability to search, collect, evaluate and critically interpret relevant information to a problem and to critically discuss phenomena, issues and situations.
- show ability to identify, formulate and solve problems and to perform tasks within specified time frames.
- show ability to orally and in writing to present and discuss information, problems and solutions in dialogue with different groups.
- show the skills required to work independently in the field of study.
Judgement and approach
- show ability within the major field of study to do assessment with reference to scientific, social and ethical aspects.
- show an understanding of the role of knowledge in society and the responsibility for its use.
- show the ability to identify their own need of further knowledge and develop their own skills.
Course literature and other teaching material
Course literature and other teaching material
Bachelor's thesis is an independent work. The assignment is carried out individually or in groups of two to a given timetable and in cooperation with a company or other organization. If the work is done in groups it should be visible what each student has contributed with. The student is responsible for independently supported by designated supervisor to plan and execute the mission. When the assignment is completed the result will be presented in a written report and in an oral performance for the company and the Universities representatives.
Limitations in time for implementation:
-A student has three chances within a twelve month period in which to present a completed work in accordance with the scheduled presentations (from the date of the first registration for the course). If the student is unable to complete the report, the report and the course will be unapproved.
-If a student fails the course, the student may re-register for the course again. That is, a student has two separate chances to complete the course, and allowed to change supervisor and subject (within the same course) between sessions.
-The student can request a total supervision during the first 18 months from the time the student is the first time registered on the course, after this time the section is not obligated to provide continued guidance.
No work placement is included in the planned learning activities. BTH is aiming for a close contact with the surrounding community when developing courses and programmes.
On average, a student should study 400 hours to reach the learning outcomes.
This time includes all the various available learning activities (lectures, self studies, examinations, etc.).
This estimation is based on the fact that one academic year counts as 60 ECTS credits,
corresponding to an average student workload of 1 600 hours. This may vary individually.
Component examinations for the course
|1405||Presentation and report 1||15||A-F|
- 1Determines the final grade for the course, which will only be issued when all components have been approved.
The course will be graded A Excellent, B Very good, C Good, D Satisfactory, E Sufficient, FX Insufficient, supplementation required, F Fail.
More information about exams are found in the Student's Portal, where you also enrolls for most exams.
There might be other scheduled examinations. Information regarding these examinations are available in the learning platform Canvas or at other places that the person who is responsible of the course will refer to.
The course manager is responsible for the views of students on the course being systematically and regularly gathered and that the results of the evaluations in various forms affect the form and development of the course.