Programming in UNIX Environment
Programme course, 7,5 credits
- Period : 2023-August-28 until 2023-October-29
- Location: Karlskrona
- Type of instruction: On campus, day, part-time 50%
- Main field of study: Computer Science
- Welcome to BTH! Information for admitted students regarding student account, registration and the course Canvas site.
- Education level: G2F
- Language of instruction: The language of instruction is English.
- Course code: DV1457
Programming in UNIX Environment, 7,5 credits
The aim of the course is to enable students to acquire specialised understanding of UNIX-based systems and for programming close to the operating system. This involves, among other things, being able to program at the most abstract level of the operating system, close to the user, and down through the levels of abstraction to the lowest level, system calls. The course trains students in designing software that interacts with the computer through the operating system UNIX (and operating systems similar to or based on UNIX such as Linux and MacOS). It provides a foundation for continued studies in other fields (such as computer security) demanding a practical understanding of the technology involved. The objective of the course is achieved by the student through gaining practical experience of developing programs in a UNIX environment in a series of laboratory exercises.
Good to know
Tuition fees and payment
Find answers to the most frequently asked questions about application and tuition fees at Blekinge Institute of Technology.
Rate of study