Introduction to Security in the Software Development Lifecycle
Programme course, 6 credits
- Period : 2025-January-20 until 2025-June-08
- Location: Some or all of education and examination is held at distance.
- Type of instruction: Distance, mixed-time, part-time 17%
- Main field of study: Software Engineering
- Welcome to BTH! Information for admitted students regarding student account, registration and the course Canvas site.
- Education level: A1N
- Language of instruction: English.
- Course code: PA2585
Introduction to Security in the Software Development Lifecycle, 6 credits
The purpose of this course is to introduce security practices within the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) at the requirements, design, implementation, verification, and after release stages of software development.
This course is the guide to the cybersecurity issues arising throughout the entire development process. We consider the development from the security perspective from the beginning stage until the final release and beyond. The course is adapted to give a solid introduction to non-security-experts mainly and addresses both how professionals (developers, managers, decision-makers) can utilize security to improve (software-based) products/services, and how they are affected by security issues and challenges.
Whether you are a software developer in a bank or telecom company, or you are a product manager in a gaming company, this course will be relevant for you.
Good to know
Tuition fees and payments
Find answers to the most frequently asked questions about application and tuition fees at Blekinge Institute of Technology.
Rate of study