Insurance for international students

Health insurance – Non-EU/EEA citizens

If you are a non-EU/EEA student who is required to pay tuition fees for your studies at Blekinge Institute of Technology, you are covered by a special insurance provided by Kammarkollegiet.

Health insurance – Nordic and EU/EEA citizens

If you are a citizen of any of the Nordic or EU/EEA countries you have access to public medical services if you register beforehand at a social insurance office in your home country and obtain a European Health Insurance card.

You need to bring the card with you when seeking medical attention in Sweden. If you do not have the card with you, you may have to pay the whole treatment by yourself. In order to be able to claim back the money you have paid, you should always ask for a written diagnosis including a stamp, of the physician or hospital.

If you are not included in any of above please contact International Office.