Information to staff
BTH management continuously monitors the corona outbreak and follows information from mainly the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Public Health Authority.
NEW! We believe that our operations are not societal critical. Our staff are not in need of childcare in the event of a closure of schools.
- Working from home is recommended. This is planned in contact with your immediate manager.
- In case of a suspected corona infection, stay at home. For example, if you have met someone who has a confirmed corona infection or if you have mild symptoms of respiratory infection. See more information on Vårdguiden 1177 Blekinge. Contact you nearest manager to discuss the possibility of working from home.
- Staff who are sick should report sick in accordance with normal routines and should not visit BTH’s campus.
- Staff should not return to BTH´s campuses until at least two days after completely free from symptoms.
- No international business travels are granted.
- National business travels should be avoided. All business trips must be granted by the nearest manager. Already granted business travels must be reconsidered. Travels between BTH’s campuses can be carried out.
- As an alternative to business travels, digital meetings should to the greatest extent possible be conducted.
- Travel to and from work is not covered by the above.
- When returning from an international travel and travel to “tourist areas” (both private and business), staff must work from home for 2 weeks before returning to BTH’s campuses
- Staff abroad are urged to register on the Swedish list at UD for updated information from the embassy: Swedish list – Sweden abroad
- NEW! This does no longer apply: Staff are requested notify their nearest manager of private travels.
- When returning from an international travel and travel to “tourist areas” in Sweden (both private and business), staff must work from home for 2 weeks before returning to BTH’s campuses.
- External visits should be avoided. Manager will decide on upcoming visits and inform the BTH reception.
Teaching and examination
- Our campuses are closed to students from 18 March. New decision in late May.
- All teaching will be carried out at a distance.
- All examination for study period 4 will be carried out at a distance.
- All events and other activities including degree presentation will not be held on our campuses. They will either be conducted at a distance, postponed to a later date or cancelled.
- Experience day in Karlskrona will be held at a distance.
- The graduation ceremony in Karlskrona is postponed to 18 September.
- The graduation ceremony and Exit in Karlshamn will be conducted as a distance event.
- The Vice-Chancellors´ closing speech will be hold online 5 June.
- External staff, e.g. from cleaning companies and restaurants, working on BTH premises area asked not to visit BTH if they have a suspected corona infection or mild symptoms of respiratory infection.