BTH researchers among the most cited in the world
In a recent external project evaluation, it turned out that BTH’s researchers in Strategic Sustainable Development and Product Development are among the most cited in the world.
So-called profile projects are the Swedish Knowledge Foundation’s largest separate research investments. To get money for a profile project, an already strong research environment is required, and the purpose is to support further sharpening to international top level. BTH has for six years had a profile project focusing on decision support for sustainable product- and service innovation, where researchers from several departments collaborated. The Department of Mechanical Engineering and the Department of Strategic Sustainable Development have been the largest actors, but also researchers from Computer Science and Industrial Economics have participated.
When the project was recently concluded, the Knowledge Foundation engaged an external independent evaluator, Damvad Analytics, to assess the scientific quality and impact of the research. It turned out that researchers in the profile project belong to the most cited in the world. Three articles*, authored by researchers at the Department of Strategic Sustainable Development, and co-authors at Arizona State University and Linköping University for one of the articles, are among the top 1 % most cited in the world within their category.
– This is a remarkable result, says Rasmus V. Lund Jensen from Damvad Analytics.
Other publications are also well-cited. Within the top 5 % there are six publications and within the top 10 % there are 16 publications.
– It is fantastic that we hold such international top quality. Both BTH and the Knowledge Foundation are now investing further in this research, says Vice-Chancellor Mats Viberg.
*The top 1 % most cited articles are:
- A framework for strategic sustainable development, Journal of Cleaner Production. Broman G. and Robèrt K-H., 2017. 140(1), pp 17-31.
- Sustainability criteria and sustainability compliance index for decision support in product development, Journal of Cleaner Production. Hallstedt, S.I., 2017. 140(1), pp 251-266.
- An approach to business model innovation and design for strategic sustainable development, Journal of Cleaner Production. Franca C-L., Broman G., Robèrt K-H., Basile G. and Trygg L., 2017. 140(1), pp 155-166.
30 May 2019