Welcome to Blekinge Institute of Technology
Blekinge Institute of Technology (BTH) is a globally attractive knowledge community within applied IT and innovation for sustainable growth.
At Blekinge Institute of Technology (BTH) education and research are of a very high international standard and learning is the focal point for students, teachers and researchers alike. BTH is a recognized university under government control. It is the most distinctly profiled higher education institution in Sweden, with a clear focus on applied information technology and innovation for sustainable growth.
BTH offers study programmes and single subject courses in first, second and third cycles. 7,200 students study at our five schools. Around 35 professors and more than 100 associate and assistant professors work on our two campuses.
Life on campus is multicultural as we attract students and staff from many countries in the world. We also collaborate in exchange programmes and networks with universities in Europe and other parts of the world. On our website you can search for courses and programmes and find information about tuition fees, scholarships, housing and campus life at BTH.
BTH has a fantastic campus environment with first-rate education. It doesn´t get any better.
Publicated in Community, nr 1, oct 2009. Leif Johansson, former Group CEO of Volvo and now chairman of Ericsson and honorary doctor at BTH.
Top reasons to study at BTH
- BTH has been awarded the ECTS Label and the Diploma Supplement (DS) Label in 2011
- Ranked #5 in the world within Systems and Software Engineering - #2 in Europe and #1 in Sweden
- Ranked #1 or #2 on a majority of the quality factors among the four universities and institutes of technology in Sweden
- Ranked #1 among all Swedish universities by PhD students
- Over the last four years, around 50 of our research students were awarded the doctoral degree
- Sweden is a country where natural luxuries like wide-open spaces, fresh air, clean water and beautiful, pristine nature and wilderness exist in abundance
- There are some 70 nationalities represented on faculty level and among the students at BTH. This gives us a truly international environment