Facts and figures
Facts about BTH
Blekinge Institute of Technology, BTH, has a distinctive focus on IT and innovation for sustainable growth.
Everything we do at BTH has three distinct perspectives: innovation, sustainability and in real life, which means cooperation and exchange with both business and industry as well as society.
What distinguishes BTH is its close cooperation with industry and society which permeates both education and research at the regional, national and international levels.
Facts about education
- Approximately 5 200 registered students, 2 700 full-time equivalent students
- 20 undergraduated level study programmes
- 11 advanced Master’s programmes
- Approximately 550 are international students
- 37 percent of students are women
- 66 percent of students are at the Faculty of Engineering
- 34 percent of students are at the Faculty of Computing
- Bachelor’s and master’s degree programmes accounts for two thirds of BTH’s activities
Facts about research
- 46 professors
- Around 110 PhD students
- Around 10 PhD programmes
- In general, one third of BTH’s activities are research and research studies
- The research at BTH is conducted at two faculties within the fields of engineering, IT, spatial planning, industrial economics and health sciences
Number of employees: 450
Turnover: SEK 456 million
(Last updated March 22, 2018)