At the library
At the library
BTH’s library provides modern and well-equipped spaces for your studies as a student. Located at the far end of the upper floor, you’ll find Lövsalen (H313), designed as an Active Learning Center with round tables for group work, screens, and whiteboards. Lövsalen is accessible to students when not reserved by staff; check current bookings here.
We welcome suggestions for the development of library spaces and study environments.
The library offers various acoustic environments:
Silent zone: with individual study seats, book hall, lower floor.
Low volume: for individual studying or group work with subdued conversation, book hall, lower floor.
Collaborative zone: for group work and collaboration, study hall, upper floor.
Group work rooms equipped with LCD screens and whiteboards are available. Borrow and return whiteboard markers at the information desk.
- Group rooms cannot be reserved; arrive early if you need one, as they tend to be occupied quickly.
- Group rooms are primarily for group work; individual workspaces are available in the library. The lower floor provides a quieter environment, including a designated silent zone with a sea view.
- Group rooms cannot be locked if you need to leave, for example, for lunch.
We have multifunction printers at the library for printing, copying and scanning. To use them you need a BTH account and a Dibs account. The cost of printing and copying will be charged to your account.
You can scan documents as PDF files and send them to your e-mail, free of charge.
In all BTH premises in Karlskrona and Karlshamn, you can connect your laptop to the wireless network if you are a student at BTH.
An HDMI cable connects your computer to our screens. Remember to bring your own converter if your computer doesn’t have an HDMI port.
Code of conduct
The following code of conduct aim to create a pleasant and inviting environment at BTH’s library:
- Remember that the library is a workplace for many; show consideration by speaking in a normal conversational tone and lowering the volume on your mobile phone.
- Smoking is not allowed in the library.
Food and Drink:
- Beverages are allowed in the library, but if you wish to eat, OASEN (The Oasis) outside the library on the second floor is the perfect place. It offers both seating and microwaves if you need to warm your food. No food is allowed in the library.
Library search computers should only be used following BTH’s IT regulations and SUNET’s guidelines.
Equipment for loan
In addition to books, you can borrow other equipment for your studies:
- Whiteboard markers and erasers for whiteboards in group rooms.
There is also a library at Campus Karlshamn where anyone is welcome.
To register a library card please contact a librarian through e-mail: email@example.com. The library card applies to both libraries at Campus Karlshamn and Campus Gräsvik. Use our lending stations to issue books and return the books at the lending stations as well.
If you are looking for a book from Campus Gräsvik, you as a student or staff can reserve it and pick it up at Campus Karlshamn.
The rules for borrowing books are the same as for the library at Campus Gräsvik in Karlskrona.
More information can be found on our contact and opening hours.