At the library
At the library
The BTH library offers students modern and well-equipped premises for studies. In the upper floor of the library, you find Lövsalen, which is designed as an Active Learning Center, with round tables for group work, screens, and whiteboards. At the ground floor, there is a quiet area to meet the demand for more quiet reading places. We are happy to receive suggestions for the development of the library premises and study environment.
Lövsalen at the library is available for students when the premises are not booked by staff, see current bookings here
The group rooms at the library are intended for group-work. They are equipped with LCD-screens and whiteboards. Whiteboard pens are available for loan at the information desk. You may need an adapter when you connect your laptop to the LCD-screen. There are some adapters available for loan, you find them next to the lending stations in the library.
- The group rooms are for group-work – for individual studies, please use our ”Quiet area” with individual study seats.
- It is not possible to lock the group rooms if you need to leave them, for example to have a lunch break.
Laptop for loan for BTH students
This computer must not leave campus and it must be returned no later than 30 minutes before the library’s ground floor closes.
You who borrow the computer is liable if it is damaged or lost.
NOTE! The laptop shuts down when you close the lid. Data that is not saved will then be lost.
We have multifunction printers at the library for printing, copying and scanning. To use them you need a BTH account and a Dibs-account. The cost of printing and copying will be charged to your account.
You can scan documents as PDF-files and send to your e-mail, free of charge.
In all BTH premises in Karlskrona and Karlshamn, you can connect your laptop to the wireless network.
To meet the need for more quiet places for study, we furnished a new “quiet area”, with individual study seats. It is located on the ground floor of Library Gräsvik in Karlskrona.
Code of conduct
The following code of conduct is intended to ensure a respectful and productive environment for study and research for all users of the BTH Library.
- Remember that the Library is a place of work for many users – please respect this by talking in a normal conversational tone, and lower the volume of your mobile phone.
- Smoking is not allowed at the Library.
Food and drink
- Beverages are allowed in the Library, but if you wish to have food or “fika”, please visit the restaurant in the J-building or the café in the D-building.
- The computers at the Library must only be used in accordance with the BTH rules of use of computer resources and the SUNET regulations.
Equipment for loan
Besides books, you can also borrow other equipment to use in your studies.
- Adapters to use to connect your laptop to LCD-screens in the library’s group rooms.
- Headphones – Listen to music or a lecture, or communicate with someone else using your computer.
- Whiteboard pens and dusters for the whiteboards in the group rooms.
There is also a library at Campus Karlshamn where anyone is welcome.
To register a library card please contact a librarian through e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. The library card applies to both libraries at Campus Karlshamn and Campus Gräsvik. Use our lending stations to issue books and return the books at the lending stations aswell.
If you are looking for a book from Campus Gräsvik, you as a student or staff can reserve it and pick it up at Campus Karlshamn.
The rules for loaning books are the same as for the library at Campus Gräsvik in Karlskrona.
More information can be found on our contact and opening hours.