At the library
At the library
The BTH library offer students modern and well equipped premises for studies. To meet the need for more quiet places for studies, we furnished a quiet area with study seats at the ground floor of the library in 2016. We are happy to receive suggestions for development of the library premises.
The group rooms at the library are intended for group-work. They are equipped with LCD-screens and whiteboards. Whiteboard pens are available for loan at the information desk. You may need an adapter when you connect your laptop to the LCD-screen. There are some adapters available for loan, you find them next to the lending stations in the library.
- The group rooms are for group-work – for individual studies, please use our ”Quiet area” with individual study seats.
- It is not possible to lock the group rooms if you need to leave them, for example to have a lunch break.
Use your BTH student account to login to the library computers. Some of the computers have widescreens to facilitate group-work etc.
The Library replaces student computers with laptops
During the spring semester the old computers will be removed and as from January 7th BTH students can borrow laptops at the information desk.
The laptops must stay on campus and have to be returned the same day.
We have multifunction printers at the library for printing, copying and scanning. To use them you need a BTH account and a Payex account. The cost of printing and copying will be charged to your account.
You can scan documents as PDF-files and send to your e-mail, free of charge.
In all BTH premises in Karlskrona and Karlshamn, you can connect your laptop to the wireless network.
To meet the need for more quiet places for study, we furnished a new “quiet area” in 2016, with individual study seats. It is located on the ground floor of Library Gräsvik in Karlskrona.
Code of conduct
The following code of conduct is intended to ensure a respectful and productive environment for study and research for all users of the BTH Library.
- Remember that the Library is a place of work for many users – please respect this by talking in a normal conversational tone, and lower the volume of your mobile phone.
- The Quiet area is intended for individual work – for group-work you may for example use the group rooms.
- Smoking is not allowed at the Library.
Food and drink
- Beverages are allowed in the Library, but if you wish to have food or “fika”, please visit the restaurant in the J-building or the café in the D-building.
- The computers at the Library must only be used in accordance with the BTH rules of use of computer resources and the SUNET regulations.
Equipment for loan
Besides books, you can also borrow other equipment to use in your studies.
- Adapters to use to connect your laptop to LCD-screens in the library’s group rooms.
- Headphones – Listen to music or a lecture, or communicate with someone else using your computer.
- Whiteboard pens and dusters for the whiteboards in the group rooms.