Department of Computer Science, DIDA
Department of Computer Science
The Department of Computer Science (DIDA) is one of three departments at the Faculty of Computing. The department is BTH’s largest department at BTH with 70 people.
Head of Department: Veronica Sundstedt
Department coordinators: Eva-Lotta Runesson and Ljubica Atanasova Stojanovski
You can find our department in building H and J at Campus Gräsvik, Karlskrona.
All the research carried out at the department is applied, which is in line with BTH’s strategy. In relation to the research carried out at DIDA, its main research areas are the following:
- Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
- Cloud Computing and Distributed Systems
- Computer graphics and visualisation
- Cryptography and Computer Security
- Data Science
- Decision support Systems and Automation
- Digital game development
- Human-centered computing
- Performance Optimization and Parallel Computing
In the video below we present our new Master of Science in Engineering programme in AI and Machine Learning.
The department’s researchers and teachers are involved in many programmes and courses.