Department of Computer Science, DIDA
Department of Computer Science
The Department of Computer Science (DIDA) is one of three departments at the Faculty of Computing. The department is BTH’s largest department at BTH with 70 people.
Head of department is Veronica Sundstedt and the department coordinators are Eva-Lotta Runesson and Maria Lillqvist.
You can find our department in building H and J at Campus Gräsvik, Karlskrona.
All the research carried out at the department is applied, which is in line with BTH’s strategy. In relation to the research carried out at DIDA, its main research areas are the following:
- Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning
- Cloud Computing & Distributed Systems
- Computer graphics and visualisation
- Cryptography & Computer Security
- Data Science
- Decision-support Systems & Automation
- Digital game development
- Human-centered computing
- Performance Optimization & Parallel Computing
In the video below we present our new civil engineer program in AI and machine learning, this is planned to start ht 2019.
The department´s researchers and teachers are involved in many programmes and Courses.