Marco Bertoni - Bio
I graduated in Management Engineering at the University of Bergamo (UniBG) in Italy in 2004, and I earned a Doctoral Degree in Mechanical Engineering at Politecnico of Milano (PoliMI) in 2008. The same year I joined Luleå University of Technology as postdoctoral fellow, becoming Associate Professor (Docent) in Product Innovation in 2012. Since April 2013 I work at Blekinge Institute of Technology, where I am developing my competences in Value Driven Design and Engineering Knowledge Management.
My research focuses on model-driven decision making for product/service design. I have experience with:
- Methods and tools for engineering product design, design thinking and need finding techniques.
- Computer Aided Design, Computer Aided Engineering and Computer Aided Innovation tools.
- Enterprise Collaboration, Knowledge Management and Knowledge Engineering approaches.
- Systems Engineering and requirements elicitation practices.
- Multi Attribute Decision Making models for design concept selection.
- Monetary assessment models for investment analysis (cost/value models).
- Business Process Reengineering and associated models for process representation.
I am member of the Scientific Committee for:
- International Conference on Engineering Design (ICED)
- CIRP Industrial Product Service Systems (CIRP IPSS) conference.
- International CAD Conference (CAD)
- International Conference on Research into Design (ICORD)
- International DESIGN conference
- ASME International Design Engineering Technical Conferences & Computers and Information in Engineering Conference (IDETC/CIE)
- International Conference Advances in Production Management Systems (APMS)
My experience as course coordinator include:
- BTH: Value Innovation (current)
- BTH: Knowledge Enabled Engineering (current)
- BTH: Product Service Systems Extreme Innovation (2013)
- BTH: Design Research Methodology (2013)
- LTU: Product Development processes (2009-2010)
- LTU: Theory and methodology for engineering product development (2009-2010)
- POLIMI: Process modelling in product development (2008)
I am teacher and supervisor for:
- Product-Service Systems Design Research (English)
- Extreme Product-Service Innovation (English)
- Systems Engineering (English)
- Innovativ och hållbar produktutveckling 1 (Swedish)
- Innovativ och hållbar produktutveckling 2 (Swedish)
- Innovativ och hållbar produktutveckling introduktion (Swedish)
- Innovativ och hållbar Produktutveckling – DISTANS (Swedish)
- Projektkurs 1 för civilingenjör, (Swedish)
- Project course for exchange students (English)
I am Departmental Coordinator for the Faculty of Engineering for the ERASMUS + agreement with the University of Bergamo (UniBG).
Awards and recognitions
- ’Service Lion’ award at the CIRP IPSS conference 2011.
- Nominated by Luleå University of Technology for the Tage-Erlander Prize 2011.
- Finalist at ForskarGrandPrix 2013 in Stockholm,
- Best Reviewer’ at the CIRP IPSS conference 2016
- ’10% Reviewer Favourite’ at the International Conference on Engineering Design 2017